My Top 3 Tips
for getting what you really want in life.
And a special invitation…
Did you know that YOU hold the key to unlocking the kind of life you really want. More freedom to do what you like. More fun in all you do. More success. More of all you love. It’s pretty simple, once you know how!
Here are my top 3 tips for getting what you want in life:
1. Get clear about what you really want.
Clarity is at the top of my list, for sure. Most of the time we only think we know what we want…but we haven’t taken the time to connect to what is really important to us. There’s a lot of should do’s, have to’s, need to’s in our life, but not enough: ‘I really, really want this’. Take some time to listen to what’s deep inside your heart, not your head. You might be surprised.
Here’s a hint: your feelings are your best guide for this. How do you want to feel in a certain situation or relationship? Loved, competent, smart, passionate, secure? Then ask yourself: what might be an easy way to feel that way in this situation? Start there and follow that path.
1. You think you want that promotion. But what you REALLY want is to feel like you are making a valuable contribution, that your work matters to the greater good somehow. So ask: how can I easily create that feeling in THIS job that I have right now? And, where might I go from there to further satisfy my true desire?
2. You think you want to train your sheep herding dog to do a better outrun. But what you REALLY want is to feel calm and confident, trusting your dog will efficiently gather sheep without upsetting them. So ask: how can I easily create this confidence and trust now, at the level my dog is today. And, how might I go from there to satisfy my true desire?
2. Chunk things down into small, do-able bits.
It’s pretty easy to become discouraged, frustrated, to give up when what we want seems impossible. Too big can be overwhelming. So, look at small steps. How can this big thing be chunked down into small, successive and progressive bits that will take you where you want to go? One step at a time, and the next thing you know, you’ve reached your destination!
Here’s a hint: think one day at a time. If you take action, no matter how small, you will get there. One pound at a time. One mile at a time. One good flank at a time. One perfect running contact at a time. One small act of kindness at a time. One choice to take a deep breath before speaking at a time. There is no greater way to be reinforced than to chunk things down like this. Just ask your dog.
1. Using our ‘promotion’ example: Today, I’m going to learn how my work has a positive influence on each of my coworkers, and imagine how their life is better because of the great job I do. Next week, I’m going to learn how my work has a positive influence on our customers. I’m going to imagine one customer, and then imagine how their life is better because of the work I do.
2. Using our herding example: Today, I’m going to help my dog ‘feel’ the bubble of the sheep close at hand, and I am going to be calm and trust that my dog wants to feel it too. Next week, we’ll work a bit farther apart, while I stay calm, help my dog develop his feel, and trust that he wants to learn this too. I’ll be sure to expand our distance mindfully, never going beyond the distance that causes me to loose my calm, confidence and trust.
3. Fill up your head and your heart with grateful.
You know that dog training concept: ‘your dog can’t jump on you at the same time she’s sitting’? It works for us too. Your mind can’t be occupied with worry, fears, anxiety, and endless ‘what if’s’ if you are in the middle of being grateful. It’s through appreciation for what we already have that we get what we want. I know, it might sound weird to you, but trust me, its a known law of the universe. It works.
Here’s a hint: start with thinking and feeling grateful for the things you love in your life every morning before you get out of bed and every evening in bed before you go to sleep. It’s an old concept called ‘count your blessings’. There’s nothing like it for changing your perspective on life and making each day a little better.
1. Today, I am grateful that I have this job, that I am healthy enough to do my work well, and that I am having a positive impact on my coworkers and our customers.
2. Today, I am grateful that I was able to be calm while I worked with my dog, and that my dog is so willing to work with me as we work towards full field gathers, one step at a time.
Your special invitation to make 2014 your Best Year Ever
and a thank you…
For the last 12 years, I’ve been leading a New Year Creative Alchemy workshop…sharing the things I’ve learned over the years for creating the life I love. There is a simple formula, but it’s not always easy to execute. Life happens, if you know what I mean.
That’s where the workshop comes in…we form a great community of folks who love dogs, animals, nature. And who want to make a better life for themselves, and for their dogs and their families. They want to be happy. Just like you and me. It’s an awesome group every year, and many have joined our group every year since the beginning!
The workshop happens via webcast, so you can attend from anywhere…in your jammies! It starts December 29th…a day devoted just to you and your dreams. A day of amazing and powerful creative fun! And everything will be recorded, so if you can’t make the classes, no worries, you can watch later.
I’ve put together a great program that will support you ALL YEAR, with a really, really special price as my ‘Thank You’ to my subscribers and clients. I want to make it easy for everyone to come. Save $50 for you or Save $100 when you enroll a friend until December 22nd.
I believe in you, and I believe every person is on this earth to express their hearts desire…and in doing so makes the world a better place for all of us!
If you cannot afford this low tuition, but want to join us, send me an email and we’ll work it out.
Whatever your dreams are for 2014 and beyond, this program will help make it real for you. And it will be so much fun!
I really hope you’ll join us!
Click the banner for more information and to register: